Thursday, September 30, 2010

Special K Bars

Nothing fancy here...
I made Special K bars
and
I made them without Special K...I didn't have any and I didn't want to spend $5 on a box of cereal...

I am a cheapskate

so
mix 1 cup sugar with one cup karo syrup (sounds like I will be giving myself some extra insulin tonight)
heat until boiling

after it has reached the boiling point, remove from heat. add 2/3 cup peanut butter and 2 tsp vanilla extract
mix together

pour peanut butter mixture over 6 cups of Special K cereal (or in my case, corn flakes....it's what I had on hand)

butter a cake pan and press Special K (or cornflake) mixture into pan (I wet my hands first so they don't stick to the cereal...works for rice krispie treats too)

for the frosting, I melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan and then add a bag of chocolate chips (minus a couple for quality control purposes) and 1/3 cup peanut butter....

stir until smooth
pour over cereal mixture and spread evenly over the top

cool
and
dig in


Now...I am not sure that the whole cornflake thing will work...and I feel like I want more frosting on the top...I guess I am just not satisfied with anything today.


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaannnnnnndddd

I forgot I was supposed to make something for a work potluck tomorrow...stupid work potlucks that I forget about.....

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh

off to scour the cabinets or come up with a good excuse

No comments:

Post a Comment