Sunday, September 19, 2010

the best cheesecake you will ever have

I am about the share the most amazing, spectacular, super secret cheesecake recipe ever.  I sort of made it up even SO IT IS MINE!!! 

OK...

here goes

only share this with the deserving because...man oh man...it is goooooooooooood stuff

get out your spring form pan
and
yes
it is better with a spring form pan...you can make it in a regular pan but it just isn't as nice...I got my spring form pan from goodwill for $1.25.  I know that because even though I have used and washed it countless times...the sticker remains...I don't know if they burned it on or what but the darn thing even went through a dishwasher...still there

OK

so get out your pan and preheat your oven to 325

we are going to start off with the crust...oh yeah...that graham cracker crust...delicious...

I use
1 package of cinnamon graham crackers
1 stick of butter
1/4 brown sugar (yup...my favorite...you can't escape the beautiful brown sugar)

Crust:
melt the stick of butter in a sauce pan (I like to brown the butter a bit...just because... but you certainly don't need to...if you aren't going to then just melt in the microwave)

crush the graham crackers (here is a trick.  put the graham crackers in a gallon freezer bag then roll a rolling pin over them until they are little itty bitty crumbs) and add to the melted (browned or otherwise) butter

stir in the brown sugar

pat the crumb mixture into your spring form pan...make sure you pat it up the sides too.  Bake for 10 mins (if you don't have a spring form pan, use a 9in square pan)

Filling:
2, 8oz packages of cream cheese softened
5 egg yolks
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cups whipping cream
5 egg whites, room temperature

beat the cream cheese, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla together well...make sure they are all creamed together.  Mix in the whipping cream

beat the egg whites in a glass bowl with a about 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar...what you are doing here is making a meringue so you want to whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.  Once you have the meringue ready, fold it into the cream cheese mixture

pour over crust.  bake at 325 for about 1 hr and 20 minutes.  turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake int eh warm oven for another hour.  Let it stand for an additional 2 hours before eating.  after standing for an hour in the oven and 2 hours outside the oven, chill until needed.

you can serve with any topping but my favorite is just a mixture of fresh fruit...blackberries, strawberries and raspberries are divine.

yummmmmmmmmmm


I have also been making a pair of pajamas for a friend of mine.  It is like an exercise in futility.  I actually bought a pattern and instead of "adjusting" it like I usually do, I decided to FOLLOW the pattern.  What a joke!!  The directions were actually partly backward!!!  Really!!!  AND I broke a needle...I have never broken a needle.

I am determined.

IT WILL BE GORGEOUS

and

I will have to adjust it...but it will still be cute...late but cute.  :)  I hope they will forgive me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment