Thursday, September 30, 2010

holy cows

well, probably not really holy as those cows only happen in India (well probably other places too...)

but phew

I've been a little stressed out these last couple of....(I was going to say days but it is probably years...not that I exaggerate)

Last night we had pizza...the kind you buy.  I didn't make it.  I didn't even add to it.  I didn't even heat the oven.  I just ate it.

I have been super tired lately and it is about all I can do to make it through Hoarders at night.  Sheesh.  The world seems to be expecting a lot from me.

The night before last (Tuesday night) Cori and I took the baby and headed to Alexandria.  We wanted to get a treadmill.  I got some extra money from school and since he needs to keep running and I need to at least walk, we figured it would be OK.  So, I researched treadmills and what we could afford (at under $200 we were looking at some tennis shoes but not even very good ones) but I wasn't about to give up.  There is a place in Alexandria that is part dollar store, part over stock, part everything.  It is crazy and it gives me a headache.  I mean, you can buy zippo lighters, pencil lead refills, diapers, poptarts and a leather sofa at this place!!!!  And they are all about an aisle apart!!!  Ok...it might not be that confusing but close.

So, Cori and I head off with the baby because I know they have treadmills there and their merchandise, because it is overstocked, is marked at 50% off of retail. 

We go there (did you know that it takes roughly 7 years to travel 55 miles in these parts??? truly!!!) and find the treadmill (along with a giant aluminum pot, for beer, some ink refills, a Christmas present for Finneroo, bug spray wipes, coffee pods, an ice tray and some other ge-dunk) and check out.  Then we had some other errands to run and 5 short hours later we were back at home.

So last night we had pizza. 

I did make a dessert of sorts though

Cookie salad.

So simple and delicious
and
did I say simple yet???

For this recipe (at least my made up version...I am sure there are real ones out there that might be different but mine is just made up) you will need 4 ingredients:
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1 largish can of mandarin oranges (not the small little can...the bigger one, or 2 small ones if you want)
DON'T DRAIN
1 container of cool whip...yup...cool whip, no need to make homemade whipped cream...we are going for easy here
1 package of fudge striped cookies

any of these can be the generic brands...I am not generally a brand snob...sometimes it matters but in this case, not so much

pour the box of vanilla pudding mix into a large bowl
add the can of undrained mandarin oranges
stir it up
add the container of whipped cream
stir that up
crush up some cookies (eat some for yourself too)
stir that up

voila

you are done

simple, easy, good

tonight is football so it will be chicken that I did not make and I have been craving special k bars...any good special k recipes out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment