Sunday, October 9, 2011

Long time No Blog

Long time no blog

Sorry

Life has a habit of just happening sometimes.

I started my new job (which I LOVE) and well...just got busy.

Finn also started a whole new medicine routine and that has taken some getting used to.  It is so much fun to see little bits of her personality pop out more and more but it is very apparent that she is slipping farther and farther behind.  She is still lagging in speech BUT it is better than it was.  Her behaviors now are what is concerning.  She is biting herself and throwing tantrums that cause her to literally turn black and blue.  She has given herself bloody noses and goose-eggs as well as literally biting pieces of her arm and hands off.  Poor little chooch

We were at my parents a couple of weekends ago, celebrating fall and the Renaissance Festival and my mom made these amazing dumplings so I thought I would share the recipe.

thanks mom

they are spectacular

Apple Dumplings

preheat oven to 350
spray a 9x13 cake pan with nonstick spray (or grease one...however you roll)

Ingredients:
2 packages of refrigerator crescent rolls
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar (I usually use less...I like them a bit more tart...it also calls for white sugar but the next time I make them, I think I am going to use brown sugar and see what happens)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 8 slices from each apple
12oz of mt dew





starting at the small end of the crescent rolls, roll up a slice of apple and tuck in the corners so you have a little apple pouch....repeat for entire 2 cans of crescent rolls




melt butter on stove and add sugar
mix well
add cinnamon and whisk


ladle over apple pouches
pour mt dew over all everything

(don't worry...it looks really soupy.  I was nervous at 1st too but it all turns into deliciousness in the baking)



bake for 45 mins

serve with ice cream (try some vanilla bean or cinnamon ice cream...heavenly)

No comments:

Post a Comment